Title I

Journeys Academy is a Title I school. This classification is based on the number of students receiving free/reduced meals at school. We receive funding to support student learning and to promote family involvement. You will receive flyers or messages throughout the year announcing activities and/or events, as well as, other opportunities for involvement. 

  • Parent Engagement Plan Brochure

  • School Improvement Plan

  • Title 1 Presentation

  • Parent Engagement School Plan Brochure

For additional information, visit the SCPS Title I website.

Florida's School Report Card.

Document Links:

School Improvement Plan

Parent and Family Engagement Plan

 School Parent Compact

Title I, Part A

Seminole County Public Schools (SCPS) receives an annual allocation of federal dollars to provide supplemental resources to schools that have high percentages of children who qualify for free or reduced-priced lunch. ESSA and Florida law determine the eligibility of schools and how funds are allocated to eligible schools and programs. The funds provide resources that are used to improve student achievement by providing supplemental staff, interventions, teacher training, and Family Engagement. Funds also provide services to pre-kindergarten, homeless, neglected and delinquent students, and to ensure that non-public school students, their parents, and teachers receive equitable services. Title I schools receive supplemental resources through Title I, Part A.

Parents' Rights

All Title I schools are required to employ only state-certified teachers and highly-qualified instructional paraprofessionals. If at any time your child is taught by teacher who is not certified, your school will notify you. In addition, you have the right to:

  • Request whether your child's teacher and/or paraprofessional meet the state certification or qualification requirements for the grade levels and subject areas in which they provide instruction.

  • Request whether a teacher and/or paraprofessional is teaching under emergency or other provisional status where state qualification or licensing criteria have been waived.

Request information on the baccalaureate degree major of a teacher and/or paraprofessional and any other graduate certification or degree held by the teacher and/or paraprofessional, and the field of discipline of the certification or degree.

If you would like to receive this information, please contact our front office.

To request any information from our webpage be provided to you in your native language, please ask the front office staff or call the school! Para solicitar cualguler información en nuestra página web en su Idioma nativo, pregúntele al personal de recepción o llame a la escuela.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2024 SchoolMessenger Corporation. All rights reserved.